PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 2009

BlueDevilJay
04-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Okay I'm starting another thread here for the discussion of this topic as I don't want it hijacking the GTA4 thread. In my post there, I was referring to the football game, not the basketball version (March Madness) but yes, this years version will include an Online Dynasty. Im not sure exactly how it will work, but I am assuming you will take a team and sign up for a Dynasty online, in which others will do the same, and you will compete with them in an online league, all ran by the game and the PS Network (or 360) servers. I played several games online last year and never really noticed much lag. If you wanna see a preview of it, which has me already super hyped , check out the link below and watch the video.(Game comes out Jul 15th, 3 days before my birthday :D ) It takes you through several of the new features and online dynasty is one of the ones mentioned. Check it out!

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=14907

HaveFunExpectToWin
04-29-2008, 03:02 PM
This is my one "must buy" every year. I hope they fix the recruiting from this past years game. The happy/angry football was pretty silly.

BlueDevilJay
04-29-2008, 03:07 PM
This is my one "must buy" every year. I hope they fix the recruiting from this past years game. The happy/angry football was pretty silly.

Yeah I agree with you on that one, regarding the recruiting aspect. Its also a must buy for me each year, even moreso than Madden. Ive always liked the NCAA version better for some reason. Seems to play faster, whereas Madden has always seemed sluggish in comparison.

Funny thing is, every year the release of NCAA was like a holiday for me, took the day off work to play it, and my house became the place where non-sports video games went to die :) Now I've actually gotten into COD4 for the PS3 and got hooked on it, so I'm going to give GTA4 a chance as well. Also waiting on the final installment of Metal Gear Solid as I've always loved that series. The only thing I HATE about when I get NCAA is waiting a week or so to start my dynasty due to wanting the official rosters before I start one.

Last years version for the PS3 though was the best game I'd ever played up until I got into COD4, with the saving and uploading of replays, making your own homepage to share with other players, etc, it was just awesome. Now being able to play an online dynasty just takes the cake for me. This means you'll actually be competing with other online users for recruits! Its going to be like having our own college football universe! :) I CANNOT WAIT!!!

DukeDude
04-29-2008, 03:46 PM
I'll be picking this game up. I am planning to alternate years between Madden and NCAA. Madden usually has a little more polish to it, but I love to run the option and play the greater variety of teams in NCAA.

NashvilleDevil
04-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Also on my must buy list every year. I always play dynasty and complete about 6 or 7 seasons so I can export the draft classes and draft the players in Madden.

I hope they simplify the recruiting. It was great that it was in depth but I spent as much time recruiting than I did playing the game.

ugadevil
04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Last years version for the PS3 though was the best game I'd ever played up until I got into COD4, with the saving and uploading of replays, making your own homepage to share with other players, etc, it was just awesome. Now being able to play an online dynasty just takes the cake for me. This means you'll actually be competing with other online users for recruits! Its going to be like having our own college football universe! :) I CANNOT WAIT!!!

What school do you play with when you create a dynasty? Do you lead Duke to glory? Or do you go with a traditional powerhouse?

Lord Ash
04-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Ohhh football.

Can I sort of hijack this thread for basketball? I meant indeed every game for my own team (not Duke... Shane State! Go Defenders! This small school is in Durham, NC and is a real powerhouse! Behind Coach Wojo, the Defenders are almost unbeatable in Battier Arena!)

Am I a nerd? Whatever. I also have an excel spreadsheet tracking every player over their entire Shane State career. Whatever.

unexpected
04-29-2008, 06:43 PM
I dunno....I love NCAA and bought 2008 but was sorely disappointed. The UI was god-awful. Every recruiting move took 3x as long as it should because they had to have a cool spinny, whiz-bang menu effect. This happened constantly, totally frustrated me, and I quit after about 5 plays.

I don't mind that there are a lot of options, but they should implement in such a way that I don't have to spend 6 hours on a recruiting session.

ugadevil
04-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Shane State! Go Defenders! This small school is in Durham, NC and is a real powerhouse! Behind Coach Wojo, the Defenders are almost unbeatable in Battier Arena!)

This part is understandable. It's fun to create a school and all kinds of stuff like that.

I also have an excel spreadsheet tracking every player over their entire Shane State career. Whatever.

Ok, yep. Nerd status has been reached.:D

Lord Ash
04-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Reached, and passed!

HaveFunExpectToWin
04-29-2008, 09:26 PM
What school do you play with when you create a dynasty? Do you lead Duke to glory? Or do you go with a traditional powerhouse?

I almost exclusively play with the Commodores. It takes a few undefeated seasons to get the BCS to take them seriously. Oddly enough, the CPU tends to make Notre Dame the other powerhouse in the game as you get into seasons 5-10. Must be some ND grads that work for EA Sports.

MrBisonDevil
04-29-2008, 09:54 PM
I've been playing Madden since the mid-90's. I started playing EA Sports NCAA Football around '03 or '04. The game really helps me learn about the potential stars on college teams I usually have no desire to watch.

The 1st time I played NCAA football, I remember saying to myself "who is this ultra fast freshman for USC" (Reggie Bush) and "who is this Pitt WR?" (Larry Fitzgerald). Now, I keep an eye on several college teams in RL because of the video game. In the time before I started playing I only followed 2-3 college football teams.

Also, I love importing NCAA Football players into Madden. I usually play 4-5 NCAA seasons for Madden draft purposes. It was cool to have Reggie Bush in my Madden Football game back in '05. Its cool to play Madden season mode knowing that 90-25% of the drafted rookies, over a few Madden seasons, are real college players.

On the PS2 (my previous NCAA Football system), I had to purchase a $20 memory card on Ebay to obtain all of the real college player names. Hopefully, the PS3 will allow me to download the player names for free. Does anyone know if the real name rosters are free on the PS3?

I usually start playing NCAA Football as a historical powerhouse team (ND or Mich) so I can learn the ropes for 2-3 seasons. Then I restart as Duke. My goal is to get a top-20 recruiting class within 2-3 years and win a BCS bowl in 3-5 years. Obviously, I need to start increasing the game difficulty to make this a more realistic stretch goal...

BlueDevilJay
04-30-2008, 08:12 AM

I typically go with Miami, as I am a diehard Hurricanes football fan, but occasionally when I want a very tough challenge, will take Duke and try to bring them to glory. Dad raised me on Duke basketball but never watched college football so I was left to fend for myself. Miami recruited me in HS to play baseball there, and offered me a scholarship, went down for a football game during the recruiting and fell in love with the football team, so I've be true to my Canes ever since, the same as I am with Duke basketball.(although with Duke, thats been in my blood since I was born practically)

And Bison!! When you gettin back on COD4? I had a blast playing with you and your buddy that night, we were kicking names and taking butt!

BlueDevilJay
04-30-2008, 08:16 AM
On the PS2 (my previous NCAA Football system), I had to purchase a $20 memory card on Ebay to obtain all of the real college player names. Hopefully, the PS3 will allow me to download the player names for free. Does anyone know if the real name rosters are free on the PS3?

Dude, don't let anyone rip you off like that again for rosters! There are several folks out there that release their rosters for free, and are typically the rosters that the "pay sites" copy and use as their base for their own rosters. Cheap right?? I will make sure you have the rosters this year for free. I get them, move them to my flash drive, then to the PS3 and off with my season. Its a little more detailed than it was moving them on a PS2, but once you know how to do it, its simple. Just make sure you remind me (since its 2 and 1/2 months away) and I will hook you up with the rosters. I hate seeing those people make money on the net for something available for free.

BlueDevilJay
04-30-2008, 08:18 AM
I dunno....I love NCAA and bought 2008 but was sorely disappointed. The UI was god-awful. Every recruiting move took 3x as long as it should because they had to have a cool spinny, whiz-bang menu effect. This happened constantly, totally frustrated me, and I quit after about 5 plays.

I don't mind that there are a lot of options, but they should implement in such a way that I don't have to spend 6 hours on a recruiting session.

Wow, what system did you have it for? I had it on PS3 and it was the best game I'd ever played up to that point. The game was just so realistic to me, I was addicted to it.

MrBisonDevil
04-30-2008, 02:03 PM
And Bison!! When you gettin back on COD4? I had a blast playing with you and your buddy that night, we were kicking names and taking butt!

I'm on business travel for the next week :mad: in New Orleans :) . I'll be back May 8th

BlueDevilJay
04-30-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm on business travel for the next week :mad: in New Orleans :) . I'll be back May 8th

Ah okay. Well myself and Mr. BNet have been playing together a little bit, after I helped him sort out his PS3 issues he was having. Mine messed up after downloading the new maps, had to reinstall everything, but it didn't take much over 20 minutes, which did seem like an eternity as my friends were waiting for me to get on, and I had to reformat. Either way though got it fixed and didn't have to ship my PS3 off like some other systems seem to have to do at every little hiccup :)

NashvilleDevil
05-01-2008, 07:24 AM

Nebraska because I went to school there. When Callahan was the coach the game had them running the west coast offense. I would recruit players that would be better suited for the classic I-formation option offense they ran when Osborne was coaching.

91.92.01DUKE
07-09-2008, 06:53 PM
I play dynasty mode solely for recruiting. I am uninterested by the gameplay as even on the most difficult mode I am challenged only rarely. The Notre Dame effect is just the prestige allowing the computer to pull in top classes.

bbar7502
07-09-2008, 10:38 PM
You will be able to download the rosters on day one since it has a roster sare feature and someone always has the entire roster put in to give away. I say that we get a online dynasty going on here. Any 360 owners interested? I look forward to bringing duke to glory.....

BlueDevilJay
07-10-2008, 08:27 AM
You think someone will have the rosters done on Tuesday? It takes a while to name all the players, even if there is a roster sharing portion to the game. I figure it will be next Friday at the earliest before we have rosters. Pretty funny you posted in this thread though, I was just about to go revive it from the dead in preparation for next Tuesday :) I cannot WAIT for this game!

blazindw
07-10-2008, 09:46 AM
I used to get all the EA games every year (including at Duke where I helped my man Juise as an EA campus rep), so I would get a whole bunch of games. Now, I have a Wii, but for these games I want to get a PS3, so I will wait till the PS3 is in hand sometime this fall and then get my games (NCAA, Madden, March Madness, NBA, Fifa & Tiger Woods)

bbar7502
07-10-2008, 11:36 PM
You think someone will have the rosters done on Tuesday? It takes a while to name all the players, even if there is a roster sharing portion to the game. I figure it will be next Friday at the earliest before we have rosters. Pretty funny you posted in this thread though, I was just about to go revive it from the dead in preparation for next Tuesday :) I cannot WAIT for this game!

yeah i believe it will be up day one, when I got the college basketball game (college hoops 2k8) on launch day, it had the rosters. dont ask me who does these rosters but it was up there. Its so much cooler though starting a dynasty with all of the real names.

MrBisonDevil
07-10-2008, 11:57 PM
I have the game preordered at Gamestop. So I'm down for some playing. I need to reread about the online options. I usually play dynasty mode for 4 season and upload the players into Madden.

BlueDevilJay
07-14-2008, 07:57 AM
yeah i believe it will be up day one, when I got the college basketball game (college hoops 2k8) on launch day, it had the rosters. dont ask me who does these rosters but it was up there. Its so much cooler though starting a dynasty with all of the real names.

Thats awesome man! I hope that is the case with NCAAF as well. Last year was the first next-gen version of the game I bought, and no one had rosters on day 1, as usual, so I waited for a week then started my dynasty. If you figure out a way to get them day 1 for this one, please let me know as well. Can't wait for tomorrow!

riverside6
07-14-2008, 09:28 AM
well, I played the demo, and honestly I wasn't blown away. I mean the gameplay seems identical to last year's version. I was a little disappointed. The one thing that was different was reading the photos and naming the defense you saw. That was interesting I guess.

allenmurray
07-14-2008, 09:47 AM
I almost exclusively play with the Commodores.

They were better back when they had Lionel Richie as QB

BlueDevilJay
07-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Anyone else get it? I bought it last night and played one game, won't start my dynasty until I get rosters. I did't see anyone online with them so far, and all it would allow me to search were my personal friends online anyways. Do any of you know someone with the rosters for PS3? I'd love to start my dynasty tonight.

riverside6
07-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Haven't picked it up yet, I'll probably wait a little closer to football season before I get it. I'm still playing MLB 08 The Show, which I love!

DukeDude
07-16-2008, 09:59 AM
I got it last night for the 360. It was nice to see Wallace Wade in the game, track and all. The last version I played was 07 which had a generic stadium for Duke. I broke the game in by beating Wake Forest 14-10.

BlueDevilJay
07-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Nicely done :) Did you happen to notice the lack of the "Speed Burst" button when playing? I was reading through the game book in the 'library' this morning, and reviewing the controls, didn't see any button assigned for 'speed burst' which troubles me :)

DukeDude
07-16-2008, 10:53 AM
To be honest, I didn't look at the manual. I just assumed the controls were the same as NCAA 07 and Madden 08. I didn't notice that I wasn't getting a speed burst even during a 99 yard INT return.

godukerocks
07-16-2008, 07:57 PM
I got it last night for the 360. It was nice to see Wallace Wade in the game, track and all. The last version I played was 07 which had a generic stadium for Duke. I broke the game in by beating Wake Forest 14-10.

Yea, the field looks very good this year, you can see Cameron and the Yoh football center in the background.

I also broke the game in by beating Wake, 21-17 in OT.

blazindw
07-16-2008, 11:44 PM
I see daylight! I see fans! Touchdown...WOOO WOOOO! LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcPer37kq_U

MrBisonDevil
07-17-2008, 12:26 AM
The game is still sitting at Gamestop for me (preordered and prepaid 2 months ago). New baby (5days old) is preventing me from picking it up. I'll get out and snag it on Thursday so I can get my season started.

MrBisonDevil
07-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Are we going to set up on online league? If so, we should wait a week or two until folks get comfortable with the game. What do u think?

bbar7502
07-17-2008, 12:07 PM
if anyone needs the rosters for 360 they can put in my gamertag of DukeBran. I had the rosters on day one as there are some hardcore guys who had it up the day it was launched. I started a dynasty with duke and I changed the schedule to make it hellacious and my first three games were against #1 Georgia, #2 Oklahoma and #3 Ohio State. Lost the first two by mere touchdowns and upset Ohio State at Ohio State. So far love the game and the recruiting. I think we should give everyone like a week with the game and start discussing online leagues.

bbar7502
07-17-2008, 12:16 PM
for you ps3 guys looking for the rosters try uploading rosters from name
EArosters com do that exactly as it is typed and with the space between EArosters and com. This actually works on both systems, I think...

DukeDude
07-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Would you say your rosters are accurate as far as Duke is concerned?

I adjusted the sliders pretty heavily to turn down CPU passing accuracy, and INTs for both sides. Is it possible to change sliders in the online dynasty?

I messed around with campus legend mode last night. I am playing MLB at Penn State. I turned down Duke because I don't think I can get them into a bowl game just by playing MLB. For my dynasty it will be Duke all the way.

BlueDevilJay
07-17-2008, 03:24 PM
EArosters com do that exactly as it is typed and with the space between EArosters and com. This actually works on both systems, I think...

You can use those I'm sure, but there is a bug out that is being addressed by EA, with the game, that they are going to send out a patch for in the next couple of days or so, and any rosters d/l'ed before the patch are not supposed to work. That being said, I may try and d/l the ones you mentioned so I can start my dynasty tonight. Bison, I'm game if you're ready to start an online dynasty, that gives us 2 players, we just need 9 more!

BlueDevilJay
07-17-2008, 06:25 PM

This actually does not work. I just tried it and got nothing. Says there is no user by that name with EA Locker material. I tried it even making the EA in caps and the rest in lower case, nothing. Oh well, guess we will have to wait a bit.

bbar7502
07-17-2008, 08:14 PM
sorry about the Jay, um my best advise for anyone looking for rosters is to go to the easports.com website and go to the ncaa football forums for their respective system and check out some of the people giving away their name tag for rosters.

godukerocks
07-17-2008, 10:31 PM
I've never played with real names in the football series. How does it work, transfering the names to the players in Dynasty mode? (Which, with Duke, I am currently 6-3 with a win at #7 Clemson and the 3 L's were a combined 10 points.)

BlueDevilJay
07-18-2008, 09:04 AM
sorry about the Jay, um my best advise for anyone looking for rosters is to go to the easports.com website and go to the ncaa football forums for their respective system and check out some of the people giving away their name tag for rosters.

Hey no problem man, not like its your fault. That apparently works for the 360, but again, once EA drops the patch for correction, most rosters done pre-patch will then corrupt. GDR, actually, up until this year, its been a pretty arduous process to get the rosters uploaded, but Ive got them every year, and for FREE! Please don't pay for the rosters anyone. Those charging for them are ripping you off. Some will allow you to donate to them if you wish, and those people I donate to every year for taking their time to update 119 freakin teams!

GDR what system do you have and I'll tell you exactly how to get the rosters. BBar already has to a degree, but if you need it explained in more detail, Ill be happy to help you.

FYI-Im on the PS3.

gvtucker
07-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Ivn1322 has a complete set of rosters, my son downloaded them today and it works very well. (That's a capital "i" first letter.)

MrBisonDevil
07-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Ivn1322 has a complete set of rosters, my son downloaded them today and it works very well. (That's a capital "i" first letter.)

Thanks. I just downloaded it. I tried to download GunnerJay's roster, but he seems to be slacking. LOL.

Anyway, I'm gonna putz around the game for a week with Ivan1322's rosters. I'll do more research to find the most complete rosters out there.

Thanks again for the Ivan info...

Acymetric
07-20-2008, 09:30 AM
What does Duke's team look like in this years game? Who do they have starting at QB?

godukerocks
07-20-2008, 07:34 PM
What does Duke's team look like in this years game? Who do they have starting at QB?

Lewis starting, Asack as backup, and Renfree and third string.

godukerocks
07-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks. I just downloaded it. I tried to download GunnerJay's roster, but he seems to be slacking. LOL.

Anyway, I'm gonna putz around the game for a week with Ivan1322's rosters. I'll do more research to find the most complete rosters out there.

Thanks again for the Ivan info...

I typed that in but it said that it's not a valid EA Locker.

?

godukerocks
07-21-2008, 02:31 PM
AHH never mind. I used Earosters com.