PDA

View Full Version : Pandora

Channing
04-29-2008, 02:05 PM
I did a quick archive search - and this site had really only been mentioned in a post as part of a different thread.

I just started using this site - it is phenomenal. The number of artists I like has almost doubled in less than a week!

For anyone who hasnt given it a try - I highly recommend it. All you do is enter a song or artist that you like, and it generates a play list of similar songs for you - it is all free. You cant relisten to songs or fast forward a song, but you can skip songs. Give it a shot - you wont be disappointed.

hc5duke
04-29-2008, 02:23 PM
I tried it for a while, but I got annoyed when I couldn't skip too many songs, and from what I recall, you can't search for an exact song (right?). I use SeeqPod (http://www.seeqpod.com/search/), which lets you search for specific mp3 on the web (but won't let you download it without jumping through hoops). It does recommend songs, but I don't think it learns your listening habits like Pandora. It did find "Mahna Mahna" and "Strangers in the Night" by Cake, which are the coolest/weirdest covers I've heard in a while.

alteran
04-29-2008, 02:47 PM
I tried it for a while, but I got annoyed when I couldn't skip too many songs, and from what I recall, you can't search for an exact song (right?). I use SeeqPod (http://www.seeqpod.com/search/), which lets you search for specific mp3 on the web (but won't let you download it without jumping through hoops). It does recommend songs, but I don't think it learns your listening habits like Pandora. It did find "Mahna Mahna" and "Strangers in the Night" by Cake, which are the coolest/weirdest covers I've heard in a while.

Cake has some of the coolest/weirdest covers ever. They covered "I Will Survive," which had me in tears the first time I heard it.

HaveFunExpectToWin
04-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Pandora's great! I often get bored listening to music that I have on my iPod and XM gets repetitive sometimes. Pandora hasn't let me down yet. It's also a good way to introduce new music you'll like.

fadero
04-29-2008, 03:49 PM
The few times I get bored with sirius I will give pandora a listen. It is a great way to find new music.