PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart

Cavlaw
04-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Picked this up yesterday on my way to the office, got to play a quick circuit when I got home around 1AM (ugh).

This game is awesome! I believe those of us who own a Wii will need to trade friend codes and set up a semi-regular circuit, or a tournament of some variety.

alteran
04-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Picked this up yesterday on my way to the office, got to play a quick circuit when I got home around 1AM (ugh).

This game is awesome! I believe those of us who own a Wii will need to trade friend codes and set up a semi-regular circuit, or a tournament of some variety.

Are you saying you can play it over the Wii network?

I'd be willing to pick it up-- I like racing games.

Cavlaw
04-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Are you saying you can play it over the Wii network?

I'd be willing to pick it up-- I like racing games.
You can indeed play over the Wii network.

Ignatius07
04-28-2008, 01:16 PM
I am meaning to pick this game up soon, though I've never set up Wii online because it seems too complicated. Do you need to have wireless?

Cavlaw
04-28-2008, 01:31 PM
I am meaning to pick this game up soon, though I've never set up Wii online because it seems too complicated. Do you need to have wireless?
I think you do, but I'm not entirely sure - I have a wireless hub and it was a breeze to set up; I've not bothered to figure out if there is another way.

Ignatius07
04-28-2008, 02:02 PM
How do you like the game compared to Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario Kart (I only played Double Dash a couple times)? And how do you like the wheel?

Also - are you a Duke UG / UVA LS grad?

Cavlaw
04-28-2008, 03:27 PM
How do you like the game compared to Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario Kart (I only played Double Dash a couple times)? And how do you like the wheel?

Also - are you a Duke UG / UVA LS grad?
1. Hard to say, I've only played for about 30 minutes so far, but I think it blows them away. I actually love the gimmick of the little wheel for the wiimote.

2. Yes.

Cell-R
04-28-2008, 07:28 PM
I really want to pick this game up...
I might have to get GTAIV first though

bjornolf
04-29-2008, 10:03 AM

I think there's a wired adapter cable of some sort if you don't have wireless. Look here: http://hamgo.com/niwiiwietad.html

I really want the game, but my wife is making me wait to give it to our five year old for Christmas. :mad: If you guys are still playing then, I'd love to join in! :D

OldPhiKap
04-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Got the game yesterday. The kids (4 and 7) love it, and Mrs. OPK and I played after we sent the kids to bed last night.

The kids were fighting over the game this morning already. Must be a hit.

Ignatius07
05-04-2008, 11:51 AM
I just got the game the other day, but played it first yesterday. I only played for about 30 minutes, but my initial impression is good. The Wii Wheel is definitely a great idea, though huge, huge marks down for not having a co-op Grand Prix option. I don't understand why they wouldn't include this? Co-op GP might have been the feature I played most on previous editions, and they've had it in every game previous to this one.

DukeUsul
05-04-2008, 07:08 PM
We picked it up yesterday. Loads of fun. It's the first game my wife loves on the Wii.

blazindw
05-05-2008, 12:23 AM
I got it opening day...it's the bomb! I like how they included tracks from the other games like Mario Kart 64 (among my favorite games of all-time). I'm gonna be playing this for a while!

merry
05-05-2008, 03:17 PM
We got it the day it came out too. My son (age 13) says his favorite Wii game is still Brawl but he thinks this one makes the best use of the Wii remote other than Wii Sports.

It will be a while before I can beat him at this game on other than an accidental basis.

After playing for a week we are now obsessed with unlocking things. We've unlocked at least one new cart and Rosalina (I like Roaslina!) but are hoping to unlock some hidden courses soon.