PDA

View Full Version : Eagle versus Bobcat

Fish80
04-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Which do you prefer? Maybe later I'll post the reason for asking.

jimbonelson
04-27-2008, 08:58 PM
simply because its my high school mascot go Aberdeen

JasonEvans
04-28-2008, 06:49 AM
After seeing this (http://www.truveo.com/Amazing-Eagle-vs-Goat/id/853066253), I am taking the Eagle.

--Jason "what is that website that asks celebrities about a fictional fight between two characters?" Evans

Lavabe
04-28-2008, 06:54 AM
After seeing this (http://www.truveo.com/Amazing-Eagle-vs-Goat/id/853066253), I am taking the Eagle.

--Jason "what is that website that asks celebrities about a fictional fight between two characters?" Evans

I'll use that clip the next time I use Hart & Sussman's book "Man the Hunted" in course work. Thanks Jason!

I'll go with Eagles, as I still have a little allegiance to Emory. Long live Division III athletics!

Cheers,
Lavabe

Fish80
04-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Eagles are leading by a surprising margin, 14 to 3. I've had the good fortune of seeing both animals in their natural habitat, and they are truly magnificent. We all know the majesty of the eagle. And the Bobcat is like a house cat on steroids!

But my reason for polling is not about the animals, it's about the college's behind the mascots. Emory versus NYU. My youngest daughter is having a hard time deciding between the two, so just for fun I'm conducting this poll.

Lavabe, I'm guessing you would still vote for the Eagle. ;)

Lavabe
04-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Eagles are leading by a surprising margin, 14 to 3. I've had the good fortune of seeing both animals in their natural habitat, and they are truly magnificent. We all know the majesty of the eagle. And the Bobcat is like a house cat on steroids!

But my reason for polling is not about the animals, it's about the college's behind the mascots. Emory versus NYU. My youngest daughter is having a hard time deciding between the two, so just for fun I'm conducting this poll.

Lavabe, I'm guessing you would still vote for the Eagle. ;)

I voted Eagles.

You and your daughter can PM me if you have any questions. Emory just had some BIG changes in the general education requirements (much to your daughter's advantage).

IIRC, isn't Steven at NYU for a few more weeks at least?
Cheers,
Lavabe

devildeac
04-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Eagles(grew up outside Philadelphia and rooted for Chuck Bednarik and Tommy Mc Donald for years). Bobcats?-too many tarholes there now:(

dukeblue6661
04-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Im a freshman at emory so PM me if she has questions.

Go Eagles!

pamtar
04-28-2008, 03:34 PM
I like raptors, so I voted for eagles. My favorite raptor is the peregrine falcon, which can dive at speeds of over 200mph.

hc5duke
04-28-2008, 04:42 PM
My favorite raptor is the peregrine falcon, which can dive at speeds of over 200mph.

and fun, i mean dangerous to ride, too
http://thekneeslider.com/images/08hayabusa.jpg

snowdenscold
04-28-2008, 07:25 PM
http://www.cubpack15.com/bobcat_color.gif
vs.
http://www.troop97.net/images/eagle2.gif

Clearly the latter.

Lavabe
04-28-2008, 07:30 PM
I like raptors, so I voted for eagles. My favorite raptor is the peregrine falcon, which can dive at speeds of over 200mph.

Here in Atlanta, both the Hawks and the Falcons dive faster than that, especially in mid-season.

wilson
04-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Here in Atlanta, both the Hawks and the Falcons dive faster than that, especially in mid-season.

ZING! Well played, Lav.
Caveat, though: Don't look now, but the mighty Atlanta Hawks currently hold a halftime lead, looking to even the series against the Celts at the Highlight Factory.

Fish80
04-29-2008, 12:50 PM
ZING! Well played, Lav.
Caveat, though: Don't look now, but the mighty Atlanta Hawks currently hold a halftime lead, looking to even the series against the Celts at the Highlight Factory.

Somehow the Hawks beat the mighty Celts. Very entertaining.

Using an awkward segue, in the forest where I live, crows chase hawks and dive bomb them from above. It's a territory thing. Do crows also chase eagles?

wilson
04-29-2008, 02:32 PM

Using an awkward segue, in the forest where I live, crows chase hawks and dive bomb them from above. It's a territory thing. Do crows also chase eagles?

Dunno. In the city where I live, all they do is swoop into the street to pick at mangled dead squirrels.

Fish80
04-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Dunno. In the city where I live, all they do is swoop into the street to pick at mangled dead squirrels.

Be thankful for that, think about what a mess of dead mangled squirrels you would have all over the street if the crows didn't clean it up.

Driving home last night, in the rain, there were frogs and toads hopping all over the street. It was light a nightmare trying to drive without squishing all the amphibians.

DevilAlumna
04-29-2008, 09:43 PM

On the Vanderbilt campus (a fairly park-like setting, in the midst of urban madness), I saw an eagle swoop down and pick up a non-dead squirrel. It was cool. :cool:

But I'd otherwise vote NYU over Emory. (Sorry, AtlDBR Mafia.)

Lavabe
04-29-2008, 10:04 PM
On the Vanderbilt campus (a fairly park-like setting, in the midst of urban madness), I saw an eagle swoop down and pick up a non-dead squirrel. It was cool. :cool:

But I'd otherwise vote NYU over Emory. (Sorry, AtlDBR Mafia.)

The weather was very nice here today. I haven't worn a jacket in a while.

To each his or her own. Does NYU still have one of the Olsen twins?

My final choice for undergrad came down to Duke AND Pittsburgh (Honors Program). I never regretted the decision.

[NOTE: This sounds like a whole new thread.]
Cheers,
Lavabe

Lavabe
04-29-2008, 10:06 PM

Near Seattle (actually, it was in Vancouver, BC) we saw ravens dive bomb a bald eagle.

No explanation why.
Cheers,
Lavabe

YmoBeThere
04-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Bobcat, Wolf, Bear, Webelos...got all those. Scout, Tenderfoot, Second Class, First Class, Star and Life. Didn't make it all the way to Eagle. We moved from Fort Knox to the big city of Phoenix, AZ. I didn't want to be caught seen in a Boy Scout uniform. Ahh, the follies of my youth...