PDA

View Full Version : Penn Relays

YmoBeThere
04-26-2008, 04:00 PM
For those interested in some track and field action as we head into the Summer Olympics, the Penn Relays are on right now.

The only two events I've seen completely were the distance relay(Kenya dominating) and the Men's 4X400. Jeremy Wariner looked in good form for this early in the season. I think he is serious about repeating as Olympic champion and putting himself among the ranks of the greatest quarter runner ever.(Okay, he's probably already there...)

Lavabe
04-26-2008, 04:12 PM
For those interested in some track and field action as we head into the Summer Olympics, the Penn Relays are on right now.

The only two events I've seen completely were the distance relay(Kenya dominating) and the Men's 4X400. Jeremy Wariner looked in good form for this early in the season. I think he is serious about repeating as Olympic champion and putting himself among the ranks of the greatest quarter runner ever.(Okay, he's probably already there...)

Of course the real date to watch is June 27, in Eugene (http://www.eugene08.com/).

Cheers,
Lavabe

YmoBeThere
04-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Agreed, but I enjoy speed competitions any time of the year: dogs, horses, people, and cars. Oh, and bicycles.

Lavabe
04-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Agreed, but I enjoy speed competitions any time of the year: dogs, horses, people, and cars. Oh, and bicycles.

Next week is:

THE DERBY!!

Looking forward to Larry (DevilHorse) kick off the Derby/Oaks thread.

CHEERS,
Lavabe

YmoBeThere
06-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Didn't know whether to start a new thread on this one, but for those that missed it, Usain Bolt of Jamaica set a new world record in the 100 meters. His time was 9.72 seconds.