PDA

View Full Version : Maxim Radio (Sirius channel 108)

BlueDevilJay
04-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Does anyone else on here have Sirius, and if so, do any of you happen to listen to Maxim Radio at all? My favorite show (of all time now actually) has become the Covino and Rich show on there (3pm - 7pm EST daily) and I've often wondered if any people I know with similar interests happen to listen to the show.

For the record, I have no ties whatsoever to the show, just have been a listener for going on about 2.5 years now, and its the one talk radio show that has managed to keep me entertained on a daily basis for that long.

billybreen
04-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Does anyone else on here have Sirius, and if so, do any of you happen to listen to Maxim Radio at all? My favorite show (of all time now actually) has become the Covino and Rich show on there (3pm - 7pm EST daily) and I've often wondered if any people I know with similar interests happen to listen to the show.

For the record, I have no ties whatsoever to the show, just have been a listener for going on about 2.5 years now, and its the one talk radio show that has managed to keep me entertained on a daily basis for that long.

Is this Maxim as in Maxim the magazine for stunted man-children?

BlueDevilJay
04-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Is this Maxim as in Maxim the magazine for stunted man-children?

I suppose so. I mean its the same brand, Maxim, but they are a separate company from the magazine itself. One of the co-hosts of the show is currently dating Layla Kayleigh (Google her, you won't be disappointed) and the other is dating Jen Sturger (infamously known as the FSU Cowgirl). Not too shabby.

captmojo
04-22-2008, 03:19 PM
I subscribe to Sirius. Most of my listening is confined to the blues station 74, the Vault or Cousin Brucie on 60's Vibrations/Wednesday early afternoon. If I change to talk at all, it goes to comedy or news.

BlueDevilJay
04-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Wow, I guess I'm alone in enjoying this show. It has a tendency to be a bit immature at times, but I don't mind as I'm still clinging to that side of me, refusing to become a full fledged adult :)

willywoody
04-24-2008, 11:30 AM
nascar, grand theft auto and now this, maxim radio. this off topic board has really gone down the pooper.

now that's of my chest....

billybreen
04-24-2008, 12:09 PM
nascar, grand theft auto and now this, maxim radio. this off topic board has really gone down the pooper.

Hey, don't lump my GTA in with that other stuff, hater. ;)

BlueDevilJay
04-24-2008, 12:37 PM

Hmmm, interesting. I didn't really realize that a Maxim radio channel would be considered "in the pooper" so maybe I'm missing something. The one show I listen to on there is really just a topic discussion of current events and such that are of interest to men age 18-45 or so. It's not just talk about "hot" women or things of that sort, but I'm probably preaching to the deaf here, so I'll let it go. I suppose I'll just have to accept my role in the lower class. We all have our "guilty pleasures" and this show just happens to be one of mine.

Shammrog
04-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Not to take this into "inappropriate" territory, so will keep the question G-rated.

Anyone know what happened on Sirius' "Nightcalls" show on Playboy radio?

I listen to it on the way home (for *gawk* factor - sick, twisted, and extremely entertaining) - it had been hosted by Christy Canyon and Ginger Lynn. I heard the latter one day sounding really snippy and out of sorts; next thing I know she had abruptly been replaced as co-host.

Misunderestimated
04-24-2008, 01:19 PM
I've had Sirius for about 3 years now and haven't spent much time on the Maxim Channel. I'll give it a shot. I'm mostly on the Classic Rewind or The Vault. I really like channel 24 (90's Alt)... it reminds me of my college daze. I listen to a lot of Stern too.

BlueDevilJay
04-24-2008, 02:26 PM
I've had Sirius for about 3 years now and haven't spent much time on the Maxim Channel. I'll give it a shot. I'm mostly on the Classic Rewind or The Vault. I really like channel 24 (90's Alt)... it reminds me of my college daze. I listen to a lot of Stern too.

The only show I really like on their channel is Covino and Rich as I spoke about earlier. They are on 3-7pm EST M-F and replayed every morning from 6-10am. The "Stretch" show is on from 10-2 every day, and I can't tolerate it honestly, I think the guy is a moron. Give C&R a shot, I think you'll like them.

Re the other poster mentioning the Playboy channel, I have only ever listened to them one time, and a guy was talking about things he likes his woman to do to him (Ill also keep it G-Rated) and lets just say that's about all I needed to hear in order to flip the station back over to Maxim or Sirius 125 to listen to World Soccer Daily.

DevilAlumna
04-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Our ski-vehicle truck has a Sirius-enabled radio, so our channel choice heading to the slopes was the CoffeeHouse. Once on the hill and suiting up, we bumped up the jam to something more alt-rock.

I like the music on Sirius, and having a DJ point out new acts/songs, but now that I have a subscription pass to an online music library, and an 80GB player, I don't see the need for paying for a Sirius subscription too.

Lavabe
04-25-2008, 06:43 AM
Sirius 125 to listen to World Soccer Daily.

WHAT??????? Where do I pick up Sirius?:cool:

Guess it's time to abandon my shortwave.:o
Cheers,
Lavabe

BlueDevilJay
04-25-2008, 07:43 AM
WHAT??????? Where do I pick up Sirius?:cool:

Guess it's time to abandon my shortwave.:o
Cheers,
Lavabe

Yeah man, they are part of the reason I switched to Sirius. Channel 125 is pretty much all soccer, all the time. I listen to CL matches on there, they cover the Prem weekly as well. As for World Soccer Daily, you can also go to www.worldsoccerweekly.com to get their podcast, they are a GREAT show dude. Show is 2 hours long daily. One host is a Chelsea fan (Steven) and the other is a Liverpool fan (Kenny).