PDA

View Full Version : Quality Herschel Walker satire

pfrduke
04-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Herschel has officially changed his name (http://cbs.sportsline.com/spin/story/10786530) from "Walker" to "Walkers" to reflect his multiple personalities.

Among the nuggets from the article is that he's narrowed his personalities from a peak of 12 to the current 6, all of whom except one are "quality individuals" (the 6th he describes as a "major ball-buster").

Also included is the following quote from his wife:

how would you feel if your husband burst into the house wearing a white suit with a saber at his side, introduced himself as Colonel Walker, leader of the 81st Cavalry and demanded provisions and lodging? Then a day later he pimp-walks into the kitchen claiming to be drug kingpin Bumpy Walker.

In the interest of full disclosure - I bought this as a true story until I read the quote from his wife. The sign of a good satire is always that it's plausible, and a football player getting hit in the head too many times and giving in to multiple dissociative personalities is just believable enough.

rthomas
04-20-2008, 07:22 PM
That dude was an amazing athlete at Georgia in the day. All muscle. I hope the best for him. Good luck to him and I don't think he should be mocked or made fun of.

Just my opinion. The dude could play ball.

brevity
04-20-2008, 07:37 PM
The sign of a good satire is always that it's plausible, and a football player getting hit in the head too many times and giving in to multiple dissociative personalities is just believable enough.

Hadn't heard of The Sportsman's Daily until now, but I may have to bookmark it.

http://www.sportsmansdaily.com/

"Cal Ripken Jr. Now Retired 2,385 Consecutive Days"

"Green Jacket Dilemma Finally Sinks In: Masters Champ Immelman Throws out Entire Wardrobe, Buys Ten Yellow Pants"

"Chad Johnson Pushing for Midwest Peace Talks"

"Bush Lifted After One Pitch"

Channing
04-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Not only was Herschel a man among boys when he played ... he had one of the coolest nicknames around . . . "The Goal Line Stalker ..."

captmojo
04-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Sorry to hear of his condition. I wish him well.

Now for the lighter side. This reminds me of my favorite music album title...
...Ian Hunter's You're Never Alone with a Schizophrenic.