PDA

View Full Version : Thing I learned on Galactica Last Night (SPOILERS FROM 4/18)

alteran
04-19-2008, 07:55 PM
1) Boomer will shack up with just about anybody.

2) Do NOT enable the higher brain functions on your autonomous bulletproof killing machines.

3) Basestar jump engines can be disabled in one shot. Too bad the Colonials didn't know that a few years ago.

4) Don't hand your baby to a cylon. Even if they seem all sympathetic and stuff.

5) Captain Ahab had nothing on Starbuck.

Duvall
04-21-2008, 04:15 PM
2) Do NOT enable the higher brain functions on your autonomous bulletproof killing machines.

Duly noted (http://gizmodo.com/378523/combat-robot-attempts-rebellion-against-human-masters-in-iraq-army-pulls-plug-for-10+20-years).

6) The Cylons are really close to Earth - pay attention to the star patterns in some of the external shots.

cato
04-21-2008, 05:51 PM
1) Boomer will shack up with just about anybody.

If the Cylons are nearly-indistinguishable from humans, and can apparently procreate with humans, do they also get VD?

Jfrosh
04-21-2008, 06:31 PM
If the Cylons are nearly-indistinguishable from humans, and can apparently procreate with humans, do they also get VD?

You may have just discovered the source of their future downfall. Boomer will be the first to go.

cato
04-21-2008, 07:03 PM
6) The Cylons are really close to Earth - pay attention to the star patterns in some of the external shots.

BTW, are you serious about this? How do you go about divining their location by star pattern? Are constellations visible?

Duvall
04-21-2008, 07:15 PM
BTW, are you serious about this? How do you go about divining their location by star pattern? Are constellations visible?

Yes (http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Image:Orion_belt.jpg). Well, I'm guessing that this is what that means. I'm not sure how close you would have to be to Earth for the constellations to start to look the same. I doubt it's there by accident, though.

jimsumner
04-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Questions. What exactly is going to happen when and if the fleet finds Earth? Does Earth provide some sort of protection against the Cylons? Will the Cylons break off the chase? Can they hide there indefinitely?

Seriously. Why wouldn't the Cylons just follow them to Earth and continue the war in the Solar System?