PDA

View Full Version : I hate getting haircuts

EarlJam
04-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Honestly. I hate it. I am being 100 percent serious when I say I have a much, much, much greater time going to the dentist than going to get a haircut (maybe it's the nitros oxide).

When I tell people this, they think I'm nuts.

Can I get an amen from any of the fellas out here? Do ya'll hate getting hair cuts as much as me?

I think it's the fact that it's usually someone different every time and I have a bit of ADD. It's hard for me to just sit in one place while someone is chopping away at my hair.

Talk to me goose.

-EarlJam

P.S. Sorry, meant this for off topic, but until it gets moved I'll make it on-target: Who do you think has had the coolest haircut in Duke Basketball history? I vote Dan Meaghar.

colchar
04-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Honestly. I hate it. I am being 100 percent serious when I say I have a much, much, much greater time going to the dentist than going to get a haircut (maybe it's the nitros oxide).

Can I get an amen from any of the fellas out here? Do ya'll hate getting hair cuts as much as me?

I think it's the fact that it's usually someone different every time and I have a bit of ADD. It's hard for me to just sit in one place while someone is chopping away at my hair.

Talk to me goose.

-EarlJam

P.S. Sorry, meant this for off topic, but until it gets moved I'll make it on-target: Who do you think has had the coolest haircut in Duke Basketball history? I vote Dan Meaghar.

Just do what I do and shave your head. Problem solved. Unless, of course, you have multiple personalities thus meaning that you'll probably still get a different person every time you cut it.

And, to keep this on-topic, I presonally liked Grant's haircut back in 1991 - I believe he called it 'the thug'.

EarlJam
04-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Just do what I do an shave your head. Problem solved. Unless, of course, you have multiple personalities thus meaning that you'll probably still get a different person every time you cut it.

For my last cut, I did. Shaved it down to basically a flat top so I wouldn't have to go back all summer. I like wearing my hair longer (like Cher), but will get a flat top every now and then just to keep out of the hair cut place facilities.

-EarlJam

colchar
04-17-2008, 02:05 PM
For my last cut, I did. Shaved it down to basically a flat top so I wouldn't have to go back all summer. I like wearing my hair longer (like Cher), but will get a flat top every now and then just to keep out of the hair cut place facilities.

-EarlJam

So you like looking like Cher? Things are really beginning to make sense now...

EarlJam
04-17-2008, 02:11 PM
So you like looking like Cher? Things are really beginning to make sense now...

Actually, this is how I usually wear it....

As I said, I hate getting haircuts.

-EarlJam

colchar
04-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Actually, this is how I usually wear it....

As I said, I hate getting haircuts.

-EarlJam

Things are making even more sense now.

EarlJam
04-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Things are making even more sense now.

Let this be a lessen to all: If you ever lose the function of your right leg, and are on narcotics (and some beer) and you've just broken up with someone and you have a headache for over a week, never....NEVER...lay up in your sister's house where her kids are practicing piano and drums and there's a dog around who likes to chew on your leg and/or bloody bandages.

Just a few words of caution.

-EarlJam

P.S. See the cage in the background of the photo? That's where Satan, um, er, I mean Liquorice lives. A dog. In a cage. Only, you can't call it a dog....or a cage. If you do, sis will get pissed. "The dog has a name, and it's not a cage...it's his home." I'm just sayin.

OZZIE4DUKE
04-17-2008, 02:34 PM
I think we need a separate board for Earljam and Colchar to discuss their private lives and lifestyles and leave the rest of us out of it!:rolleyes:

colchar
04-17-2008, 02:55 PM
I think we need a separate board for Earljam and Colchar to discuss their private lives and lifestyles and leave the rest of us out of it!:rolleyes:

You should see our pm exchanges :eek:

EarlJam
04-17-2008, 02:58 PM

Well, I DO have a new Web site being launched in Monday, June 1.

That's 44 days from now and counting.

I think many of you will like it. Some of you will not. But all of you are welcome.

And I, EARLJAM, will be the sole Moderator! (or as some may say, "Soul Moderator!")

-EarlJam

bdh21
04-17-2008, 03:03 PM
EarlJam, you're not the ultimate lord, are you?

SlimSlowSlider
04-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Strange, I love getting my haircut. And when I am hungover, it is a saving grace.

I love having my hair shampooed by someone else, too. (An indication that i do not go to the Barber Shop. But yes, I am a man.)

colchar
04-17-2008, 03:27 PM

I think many of you will like it. Some of you will not. But all of you are welcome.

And I, EARLJAM, will be the sole Moderator! (or as some may say, "Soul Moderator!")

-EarlJam

Dude, I'm almost afraid to ask.

pfrduke
04-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Strange, I love getting my haircut. And when I am hungover, it is a saving grace.

I love having my hair shampooed by someone else, too. (An indication that i do not go to the Barber Shop. But yes, I am a man.)

Ditto to that. Of course, I go to a "gentlemen's barbershop," which basically means the people cutting your hair are all attractive female twenty-somethings who give a great shampoo and scalp massage as part of every cut. Plus ultra-comfy leather chairs in the waiting area.

elvis14
04-17-2008, 03:42 PM

Yep, you're nuts. I like getting my hair cut, I just wish I had more of it to cut!

gvtucker
04-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Ditto to that. Of course, I go to a "gentlemen's barbershop," which basically means the people cutting your hair are all attractive female twenty-somethings who give a great shampoo and scalp massage as part of every cut. Plus ultra-comfy leather chairs in the waiting area.

I go to a barbershop for a haircut.

That ain't no barbershop you go to.

EarlJam
04-17-2008, 04:07 PM

Does it have one of those little spinny things outside that is red and white (the red symbolizing blood for when they used to perform bloodletting), and resembles a porch light, only it's not; it's a spinny red and white thing?

Those are cool.

-EarlJam

OldPhiKap
04-17-2008, 04:22 PM
I got one of those "Flock of Seagulls" haircuts once. Looked just like the dude, too.

That was AWESOME.

pfrduke
04-17-2008, 04:41 PM

fair enough, but my barbers are better eye candy (and good conversation - the girl who usually cuts my hair is a serious extreme sports person - hearing about her weekends is a trip).

And it still has one of the red and white barber poles.

colchar
04-17-2008, 05:14 PM
fair enough, but my barbers are better eye candy (and good conversation - the girl who usually cuts my hair is a serious extreme sports person - hearing about her weekends is a trip).

And it still has one of the red and white barber poles.

If it is filled with hot young ladies I can think of another pole that might be more appropriate - and that would surely increase business.

colchar
04-17-2008, 05:15 PM

-EarlJam

Alright, seriously, care to tell us what this is all about?

EarlJam
04-17-2008, 05:33 PM
If it is filled with hot young ladies I can think of another pole that might be more appropriate - and that would surely increase business.

Oh. Oh my.

-EJ

EarlJam
04-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Alright, seriously, care to tell us what this is all about?

I will. There will be a 20-day countdown leading up to the site's launch. A bit of expectation management here: The site will start simple. It won't be nearly as "well put together" as DBR.

Hint: Think "Anna Kournikova meets Lottery Winner meets Marco Polo."

-EarlJam

OldPhiKap
04-17-2008, 05:45 PM

I thought of Anna but that got me back to Colchar's post. So I kind of lost that train of thought.

Does it involve personal hygene?

billybreen
04-17-2008, 06:06 PM

Amen to that. I'm a big fan of the old school barbershop, shave and a haircut style.

If you live in Boston, as I do, and your barber has ever pronounced an 'r' towards the end of a word, you aren't in the right place. "Pahk the caah!"

Lavabe
04-17-2008, 11:11 PM
You should see our pm exchanges :eek:

Too much information!!:eek:

Lavabe
04-17-2008, 11:14 PM
I will. There will be a 20-day countdown leading up to the site's launch. A bit of expectation management here: The site will start simple. It won't be nearly as "well put together" as DBR.

-EarlJam

Don't forget to have plenty of pop-up ads for tunes by former 8th-place finishers in American Idol!:eek:

Will you have a column devoted to those who worship the Blue Oyster Cult?:D

Hopefully you'll have plenty of polls!
Cheers,
Lavabe

DevilAlumna
04-17-2008, 11:17 PM
EJ, instead of shaving your head (b/c it likes like you have nice, thick hair), you could go the other direction and let it grow. When mine is longer than my shoulders, I could go 6 months without getting it cut.

NOTE, I am not endorsing long hair on guys. I'm just suggesting that long hair = less need for frequent trims.

YmoBeThere
04-18-2008, 06:05 AM
DA are you sure you aren't making a political statement about hair length? Sorry, off to drink my six pack of Starbuck's grocery store swill.

(Really? No, not really.)

Keep it short = less maintenance on a daily basis while preserving the same general appearance day to day. Of course, I think McDonald's blandness worldwide is a good thing...

OldPhiKap
04-18-2008, 09:07 AM
DA are you sure you aren't making a political statement about hair length?

Let your Freak Flag fly . . . .

CameronBornAndBred
04-18-2008, 03:02 PM
I've had a mohawk since I was 16. In the 22 years since then, I've had 3 haircuts, all of which I regretted. I let my wife shave the sides of my head, the rest just goes with the flow.

hair-down-to-there CB&B

glutton
04-18-2008, 05:42 PM
In general, I'm not crazy about haircuts, because I don't enjoy being fussed over. And yes, I realize that I may have to relinquish my estrogen card for saying that.

My fiance once got me a very thoughtful gift for our anniversary, an afternoon at the spa. After 4 hours of being rubbed, poked, polished, moisturized, etc., I practically ran out of there screaming. I dunno if it's because I'm not girly enough, or because my parents are uptight new englanders who don't believe in physical affection, but I have a low tolerance for being touched by strangers.

Anyway, I got one of those handy clipper kits and I just cut my fiance's hair at home. Saves money and he can watch whatever he wants on tv. Also, it's the only way I can make sure it's done right, because I care way more about his haircut than he does.