PDA

View Full Version : UCLA PG Suffers Minor Injury

Bob Green
03-14-2007, 05:02 AM
UCLA pg Collison sprains his ankle but is listed as probable:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/basketball/la-sp-uclarep14mar14,1,4299258.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

BluBones
03-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Must.
Not.
Look.
Beyond.
VCU.

JasonEvans
03-14-2007, 09:24 AM
UCLA pg Collison sprains his ankle but is listed as probable:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/basketball/la-sp-uclarep14mar14,1,4299258.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

This is really significant for them. UCLA's big question mark coming into the season was PG. Collison has stepped up and played nicely, but erratically.

UCLA has lost 3 games since Feb began. Collison sat out one of them (WVa) and played horrible in the other two (10 TOs and 7-for-30 shooting in the losses to Washington and Cal).

To some extent, as Darren Collison goes, so go the Bruins.

-Jason "not looking past anyone, just commenting on one of the significant teams in the draw" Evans

Clipsfan
03-14-2007, 11:19 AM
This is really significant for them. UCLA's big question mark coming into the season was PG. Collison has stepped up and played nicely, but erratically.

UCLA has lost 3 games since Feb began. Collison sat out one of them (WVa) and played horrible in the other two (10 TOs and 7-for-30 shooting in the losses to Washington and Cal).

To some extent, as Darren Collison goes, so go the Bruins.

-Jason "not looking past anyone, just commenting on one of the significant teams in the draw" Evans

NOOOO!!!

Given that UCLA is my other school/team, this is awful news. The team has dealt with a lot of injuries this year, but Collison and Afflalo are they two guys we need to have on the floor (and playing well). It's not coincidence that Afflalo also had bad games in the last two losses (Collison and Afflalo were a combined 4-29 in the game against Wash.) That said, I think they can beat a 15 seed in Cali without a healthy Collison.

JStuart
03-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Also of note, although it involves UNC's bracket, Marquette's guard injured a hand & may be out for the first -and any secondary rounds- of the tournament. An early sign that the bracket may miraculously open up for the 'holes? I hope not.
JStuart, not looking ahead at all for Duke, but looking for an absolute end for the Tah-heels' season..

Exiled_Devil
03-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Ugh. At least I didn't read this on Thursday after everything was due. I have to reconsider my UCLA FF run.

Exiled