PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Cameron Crazies Chants

Flyers52
11-18-2007, 06:33 PM
I was just wondering, for fun, what are some of your all-time favorite chants from the Cameron Crazies??

dukeENG2003
11-18-2007, 06:47 PM
without a doubt:

"Go to hell Billy Packer got to hell (clap clap)"

It was so loud, you could VERY clearly hear it on TV. This was the same year as Billy's "since when did they let women determine who gets into basketball games", he deserved it, without a doubt.

A close second:

Ra-sheed (clap clap) Can't read (clap clap, repeat)

blazindw
11-18-2007, 07:07 PM
(Crowd points at Duhon's little brother): Lit-tle Du-hon! (clap clap, clap-clap-clap repeat)

(Crowd points at Boozer's little brother): Lit-tle Boo-zer! (clap clap, clap-clap-clap repeat)

(Crowd points at Avery Queen, 5'1" Michigan guard): LIT-TLE POINT GUARD! (clap clap, clap-clap-clap repeat)

FreezingDevil
11-18-2007, 07:24 PM
"Sweat, Gary, Sweat!"

Works like a charm

OZZIE4DUKE
11-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Favorite cheer: In Hale! Ex Hale!

Favorite sign in Cameron: Pilot Life Sucks

Second favorite sign: March Madness Makes Me Hot (and the blond that was holding it, too! I have the picture saved, but have no way of posting it here.)

heath_harshman4
11-18-2007, 08:16 PM
ANNOUNCER: Now introducing #5 Tywon Lawson

CRAZIES: HI TYWON, YOU SUCK

classic...

devildeac
11-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Crazies: (directed at Dick Pooparo after his usual series of bad, out-of-place calls against Duke)-"you suck Dick, you suck Dick.

K: (with microphone in hand)-"stop the you suck Dick cheer"

(several more bad, out-of-place calls later)

Crazies: "you suck (pause) Richard, you suck Richard"

mehmattski
11-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Following a 20 point drubbing in Cameron in 2004, NC State player Julius Hodge made some ridiculous comment about how the Crazies bother him because "they're smart, got GPA's of 4.3 and they all smell bad." The next game was at home against Wake Forest. Some rather old gentleman somehow had a ticket in the student section opposite the Crazies, wearing his stupid tie-dye Wake shirt. He held a sign that said "4.3"

After the guy waved the sign around for a while and the confused Crazies tried to figure out what it meant, my friend started an instant classic:

While pointing at Wake Weirdo: "Size in inches! (Clap clap, clap-clap-clap)"

Channing
11-18-2007, 09:32 PM
(1) extremely politically incorrect, but pointing at Julius Hodge: "Ten Cents a Day; Ten Cents a Day"

(2) Horvath . . . of the Hiiiillll People

(3) A couple years back there was a chant "lets get hungry" before the game started. It then turned into "Sean May's Hungry"

SilkyJ
11-18-2007, 11:41 PM

classic...

what? how many games have you been to in cameron? 10 bucks says its less than 15.

Crazies: (directed at Dick Pooparo after his usual series of bad, out-of-place calls against Duke)-"you suck Dick, you suck Dick.

never heard about that one. instantly one of my all time favorites.

i loved the sweat gary sweat, and anything making fun of sean may for being fat. including pasha dressed up as him chasing a big mac box on a string in '05

but my all time favorite would have to be "the monster's out of the cage!"

OZZIE4DUKE
11-18-2007, 11:48 PM
(3) A couple years back there was a chant "lets get hungry" before the game started. It then turned into "Sean May's Hungry"

Not to be confused with the cheer for FSU's Big Jelly (Nigel something) "Please don't eat me (clap, clap, clap clap clap)"

classic...

Putting the "you suck" after the introductions is totally classless, and I and so many others are glad that the crazies dropped it years ago. Please don't start again; it shows your ignorance. Leave it to the Maryland fans.

DevilAlumna
11-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Fall of 1994, we opened the season against Brown. That brought out cheers of "U-P-S, U-P-S."

Next game was against a much higher-ranked team, who weren't doing so well, prompting the cheer, "Brown was better (clap clap clap-clap-clap)."

And when Bill Cosby was in the crowd for a game against Temple (he's a proud Owl alum), not only was he a good sport and let the crowd pass him around, but he got saluted with the cheer, "Jell-o pudding (clap clap clap-clap-clap)." :D

hurleyfor3
11-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Next game was against a much higher-ranked team, who weren't doing so well, prompting the cheer, "Brown was better (clap clap clap-clap-clap)."

Florida State. Also, right before tipoff in that game, the band played the Notre Dame fight song, evoking the hyped FSU/ND football game of a few months earlier which ND won.

SharkD
11-19-2007, 02:30 AM
"Start the tractor" (Clap, Clap, Clap-Clap-Clap) when winning late in the game vs. NC State or other ag. schools

zingit
11-19-2007, 03:14 AM
Last year against UNC: "Ty-ler Hans-brough PAINTS-HIS-TOES!!!" (to the tune of the "J.J. Red-ick Dyn-o-mite" chant).

For those of you who don't know, several guys on the UNC team proudly have admitted in interviews that they get pedicures together. It was priceless. Even the UNC guys were laughing.

Lord Ash
11-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Heh, I remember the Jell-o pudding chant quite well. :D

Channing
11-19-2007, 07:49 AM
I was also a big fan of "J-Wil, J-Wil Rock You <clap-clap>"

dukerev
11-19-2007, 08:23 AM
I really loved Big Jelly from FSU. He was a great sport. Along with "Please don't eat me," the Crazies also yelled "Boom" "Boom" "Boom" every time he took a step as he ran down the court.

Of course, my favorite positive Crazie chant was "Who's Your Daddy? Battier!" My wife and I still chant that for games today.

dukestheheat
11-19-2007, 09:07 AM
a spoof on former Hole JR Reid-

I don't know if anyone remembers that rap song about 'big old, big old butt.....', but, JR Reid certainly had a rather expansive south end back in the day.

Before the game, and player introductions, the Blue Devil comes out with about five (5) pillows stuffed into his posterior and then that rap song comes up loud, blaring over the new speakers in Cameron and he's wiggling that newly expanded butt all over the place.

He goes right down the middle of the court doing the Reid butt wiggle, with the crowd singing the song and Cameron goes crazy; when the lyrics of the song get to naming the people who have a big butt, everyone fills in "JR's got a big ole butt!..... JR's got a big ole butt!.....".

I laughed so hard it hurt. Everytime I hear that song when I'm flippin' the radio, I instantly go back to Cameron. Great memories.

dth.

devildeac
11-19-2007, 09:16 AM
I really loved Big Jelly from FSU. He was a great sport. Along with "Please don't eat me," the Crazies also yelled "Boom" "Boom" "Boom" every time he took a step as he ran down the court.

Of course, my favorite positive Crazie chant was "Who's Your Daddy? Battier!" My wife and I still chant that for games today.

I think the Crazies also yelled "hey, hey, hey"(a la Fat Albert, in one of Bill Cosby's old comedy routines) as Nigel Dixon(?) thundered down the court.

mbd1mbd1
11-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Fall of 1994, we opened the season against Brown. That brought out cheers of "U-P-S, U-P-S."

I think that was Fall of 1996, and against Lehigh. It was my first game in Cameron, I remember it well.

edit...yeah, Duke opened against Brown in fall 1994. I wasn't at that game though...

wilson
11-19-2007, 10:14 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again: this is the greatest cheer in Cameron Crazies history.

Schwarz
11-19-2007, 10:17 AM
"If you can't go to college, go to State. clap-clap"

Weks
11-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Ademola Okulaja beats himself!
Ademola Okulaja, Ademola Okulaja,

devildeac
11-19-2007, 11:02 AM
I think that was Fall of 1996, and against Lehigh. It was my first game in Cameron, I remember it well.

edit...yeah, Duke opened against Brown in fall 1994. I wasn't at that game though...

IIRC, it was the classic(cough, cough) brown unis that evoked this response.

devildeac
11-19-2007, 11:12 AM
"Sweat, Gary, Sweat!"

Works like a charm

As a follow up to this(think deodorant here):

Crazies(pointing at K): Sure
Crazies(pointing at sweaty): unSure
(rinse, lather, repeat)

Jfrosh
11-19-2007, 11:20 AM

I forget who got into trouble with the law in the 80's but I remember we followed the above with:
"If you can't go to State, go to Jail. Clap-Clap.

Already mentioned but the "In Hale - Ex Hale" is my all time favorite. I spit out my popcorn.
And of course the all time classic "We beg to differ"

jlear
11-19-2007, 11:22 AM
I forget who got into trouble with the law in the 80's but I remember we followed the above with:

and if you can't go to jail be a ref.

devildeac
11-19-2007, 11:29 AM

I thought it was: if you can't go to jail, go to he!!, followed by, here's your cue, OZZIE...

SilkyJ
11-19-2007, 11:31 AM

if you can't go to college go to state

if you can't go to state go to jail

if you can't go to jail go to hell

GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL, ES!

devildeac
11-19-2007, 11:56 AM
if you can't go to college go to state

if you can't go to state go to jail

if you can't go to jail go to hell

GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL, ES!

Rats, that was OZZIE's clue and you beat him to it.

FreezingDevil
11-19-2007, 11:59 AM
This might not have been the greatest cheer ever, but it was by far one of the most effective...

3 years ago against Michigan State in December. Somehow the Crazies found out that the starting center Paul Davis had just broken up with his girlfriend, a girl named Caroline. The word on the street was that she had cheated on him and he was real torn up about it.

Well, the Crazies showed no mercy on this one. Throughout the game Davis was serenaded with cheers of "Caroline...Caroline...Caroline" Whenever he took a free throw we all cheered "Call her back!" and "She still loves you"

The guy had one of his worst nights of his collegiate career and at one point he looked close to tears. I wont say I feel good about that one, but it worked better than any cheer I have ever heard. Of course, he went on to have a killer game against us in the sweet sixteen in march so go figure. i guess thats just karma

devildeac
11-19-2007, 11:59 AM

Already mentioned but the "In Hale - Ex Hale" is my all time favorite. I spit out my popcorn.
And of course the all time classic "We beg to differ"

You might want to explain to some of our newer members how/when/where that last cheer originated, along with some of the other classic antics from that game...

365Duke
11-19-2007, 12:10 PM
was the "fist"

Coach had said several days earlier that the team needed to play like a fist, instead of 5 individuals. A punch is more dangerous than a slap.

At the senior day game against unc we come from 8-9 points down in the final couple of minutes to get within one basket and K called a timeout. The student section was as quite as I have ever seen. And without any hesitation all raised 1 fist straight up in the air. It was bone chilling. I looked around and the whole upstairs section was doing the same with me. It not only gave me chills, but brought tear filled eyes. This team was in the huddle and did not know what was happening(you could hear a pin drop). A few of the walk-ons looked up from the huddle and then spread the word to the huddle. K looked up and saw it and came back to the huddle more intense than I have ever seen him, and pointed to the crowd for the team to take notice. IT WAS AWESOME! So in short, like the song says "You said it best, when you say nothing at all".

4decadedukie
11-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Not a cheer, but nevertheless a great, priceless Crazies moment: In the mid-70's, two of NC State's starting five were arrested in Raleigh for shoplifting underwear, which was reported in the News and Observer. That week, Duke and NCSU played; when the two miscreants were introduced, dozens -- maybe hundreds -- of pairs of underwear were thrown onto the court. It was truly hilarious.

Channing
11-19-2007, 01:11 PM
This might not have been the greatest cheer ever, but it was by far one of the most effective...

3 years ago against Michigan State in December. Somehow the Crazies found out that the starting center Paul Davis had just broken up with his girlfriend, a girl named Caroline. The word on the street was that she had cheated on him and he was real torn up about it.

Well, the Crazies showed no mercy on this one. Throughout the game Davis was serenaded with cheers of "Caroline...Caroline...Caroline" Whenever he took a free throw we all cheered "Call her back!" and "She still loves you"

The guy had one of his worst nights of his collegiate career and at one point he looked close to tears. I wont say I feel good about that one, but it worked better than any cheer I have ever heard. Of course, he went on to have a killer game against us in the sweet sixteen in march so go figure. i guess thats just karma

Of course - the karma from this one could have come back to bite us at the "Myra Piggie" - UMD - NCM incident.

SilkyJ
11-19-2007, 01:19 PM

sorry...i would post that chant as my away message every gameday while i was in school...

was the "fist"

Coach had said several days earlier that the team needed to play like a fist, instead of 5 individuals. A punch is more dangerous than a slap.

At the senior day game against unc we come from 8-9 points down in the final couple of minutes to get within one basket and K called a timeout. The student section was as quite as I have ever seen. And without any hesitation all raised 1 fist straight up in the air. It was bone chilling. I looked around and the whole upstairs section was doing the same with me. It not only gave me chills, but brought tear filled eyes. This team was in the huddle and did not know what was happening(you could hear a pin drop). A few of the walk-ons looked up from the huddle and then spread the word to the huddle. K looked up and saw it and came back to the huddle more intense than I have ever seen him, and pointed to the crowd for the team to take notice. IT WAS AWESOME! So in short, like the song says "You said it best, when you say nothing at all".

WOW. I am covered in goosebumps right now. I kind of remember the coach K speech where he said that so it makes me think it was sometime between '02'-'06, but I don't recall the crazies doing it so it makes me think it wasn't during my time (do you remember when this was??) But I can't even tell you how amazing that sounds.

throatybeard
11-19-2007, 01:45 PM
without a doubt:

"Go to hell Billy Packer got to hell (clap clap)"

It was so loud, you could VERY clearly hear it on TV. This was the same year as Billy's "since when did they let women determine who gets into basketball games", he deserved it, without a doubt.

This happened before that as well; on RJ he said something we took offense to in the 1998 @UNC game and we chanted this at the next home game.

blazindw
11-19-2007, 01:49 PM
was the "fist"

I definitely remember that game. It wasn't a chant, but I agree with you..it was one of the most powerful moments I've ever seen.

Weks
11-19-2007, 01:56 PM
I kind of remember the coach K speech where he said that so it makes me think it was sometime between '02'-'06, but I don't recall the crazies doing it so it makes me think it wasn't during my time (do you remember when this was??) But I can't even tell you how amazing that sounds.

GrayHare
11-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Putting the "you suck" after the introductions is totally classless, and I and so many others are glad that the crazies dropped it years ago. Please don't start again...

Agreed! And just to revisit the history of that subject... An Avuncular Letter (http://library.duke.edu/uarchives/images/cameron/avuncular.jpg)

jrb3
11-19-2007, 02:13 PM
"Abandon Ship!" in the Meadowlands in 1986 when the win over Navy and David Robinson was secured in the regional final.

"Green Shorts!" Not an easy one to explain, but I'm sure some of you where there for the original (as I was). It lived on for several years in various forms.

Lavabe
11-19-2007, 02:18 PM

Does anyone recall: "If you can't drive a bus, be a Terp!"

Or how about: FEHL-WURF!!

Cheers,
Lavabe

Section 8
11-19-2007, 02:53 PM
The meanest one I remember was in '88 or '89, against ND when they had David Rivers. 45 minutes before the tip, Cameron was filled with only students and one small group of ND fans in the folding chairs, consisting of a guy, his wife and young daughter. The guy stood up, waving around a sign reading "Our Rivers sinks your Ferry," making sure to turn around so everyone could read it. After about three minutes of booing, the students started chanting "ugly wife, ugly wife..." They left and did not return.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-19-2007, 03:30 PM

I was out. Sorry. But thanks to SilkyJ for picking up the slack!

RPS
11-19-2007, 03:45 PM
I've been beaten to the punch on "Abandon Ship" and "Green"..."Shorts." Others include Clyde Austin and the keys (some details here (http://www.dukemagazine.duke.edu/dukemag/issues/070804/cyber2.html)), creatively welcoming the USC Trojans, "Nichols is the worst" (toward future NCAA Supervisor of Officials Hank Nichols), and the pizzas delivered to the opposition huddle....

I hadn't heard about the "Rasheed can't read" cheer. I think it's disappointing on a number of levels. It's also ironic since he's widely regarded by experts as among the more intelligent players in the NBA.

merry
11-19-2007, 03:55 PM
"Nichols is the worst" (toward future NCAA Supervisor of Officials Hank Nichols)...

I want to say this was a UNC game, maybe even the 1979 Jim Spanarkel senior night one, but one time right before a game we all chanted "Nichols is the BEST! Nichols is the BEST!" Got a reaction for once too.

Lord Ash
11-19-2007, 03:57 PM
SHEED? One of the most intelligent players in the NBA? A guy who took what, five tries to get a 700, combined, on his SATS? Wow, that is SCARY.

aimo
11-19-2007, 04:12 PM
This happened before that as well; on RJ he said something we took offense to in the 1998 @UNC game and we chanted this at the next home game.

Actually, it happened way back when Brent Musberger was still doing games on CBS. The students were chanting, "Brent! Brent!" He then donned a Duke cap and the students went nuts. He then put the cap on Packer's head, and the students started booing loudly. Then they started chanting, "Go to hell, Billy Packer, go to hell!" Think this was in the 80's.

And whoever said that Rasheed Wallace was considered one of the more intelligent players in the NBA . . . if that's true, then . . . damn! The league is in a sorrier state than I thought!

Channing
11-19-2007, 04:17 PM
A cheer I am looking forward to hearing . . . "Fear the Classroom <clap><clap><clapclapclap>"

heath_harshman4
11-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Not to be confused with the cheer for FSU's Big Jelly (Nigel something) "Please don't eat me (clap, clap, clap clap clap)"

Putting the "you suck" after the introductions is totally classless, and I and so many others are glad that the crazies dropped it years ago. Please don't start again; it shows your ignorance. Leave it to the Maryland fans.

shows my ignorance? classless? do you think that most of these cheers have "class"? the point of a cheer/jeer isnt to have class. making fun of Paul Davis' personal life or calling a women ugly in front of her husband and child other stuff like that doesnt have class. but i dont see you posting stuff about that.

and the earlier post, no i havent been to a game at CIS, I live on the west coast, but how does that effect how much of a Duke fan or how ignorant of one I am? I heard that chant from a couple of rich buddies (rich i am not) who went to a game a few years ago.

Bluedog
11-19-2007, 09:04 PM
shows my ignorance? classless? do you think that most of these cheers have "class"? the point of a cheer/jeer isnt to have class. making fun of Paul Davis' personal life or calling a women ugly in front of her husband and child other stuff like that doesnt have class. but i dont see you posting stuff about that.

and the earlier post, no i havent been to a game at CIS, I live on the west coast, but how does that effect how much of a Duke fan or how ignorant of one I am? I heard that chant from a couple of rich buddies (rich i am not) who went to a game a few years ago.

I'm sure you just didn't know it, but that cheer has been labeled as arrogant and classless by Coach K and most of the Duke students. It used to be more widespread, but now the vast majority of the student body doesn't do it anymore. There is sometimes a small contingent of fans that do it while other Crazies stare them down begrudgingly. If Maryland fans do it every game, it is clearly something that we should NOT do. It's also cliche and not clever at all - I'm glad we stopped doing it as well. It's also clear you haven't been to CIS when you say that, but that's all right - not everybody gets to be that lucky. No worries! The post didn't diminish how much of a Duke fan you are. I'm sure you're very dedicated.

throatybeard
11-19-2007, 09:31 PM
The overwhelming majority of this stuff we do is "classless." Whatever.

And w/r/t Rasheed, since when did culturally biased test score = native intelligence?

Mabdul Doobakus
11-19-2007, 09:39 PM
(Crowd points at Duhon's little brother): Lit-tle Du-hon! (clap clap, clap-clap-clap repeat)

(Crowd points at Boozer's little brother): Lit-tle Boo-zer! (clap clap, clap-clap-clap repeat)

(Crowd points at Avery Queen, 5'1" Michigan guard): LIT-TLE POINT GUARD! (clap clap, clap-clap-clap repeat)

My favorite as well. Was my second game ever at Cameron, and a great night overall, between going up like 34-2, and the lady forgetting the words to the national anthem and the Crazies chipping in.

Hurley2Hill
11-19-2007, 10:01 PM
One of my all-time favs was before the Orange County Community College (read: unc) game in McCants' last year.

(Crazies point at themselves) "Cameron Crazies"
(point at unc players warming up) "Actual Crazies"

7duke4
11-19-2007, 10:17 PM
This was not technically a chant, but in the 70s (sorry don't remember when), St Josephs came to Cameron (before they were good). Their mascot is an eagle and he flaps his wings the entire game in these long swoops. By the 2nd half, his face was beet red from the Cameron heat, his exertion, and his costume. We started to flap our arms like him and it spread through the whole stadium. It took a few seconds before he realized what was going on, but his expression was, as they say, priceless - and his face got even redder. When he looked up and around, the whole place erupted into cheers and applause. Any time I catch St Joes on TV, I look for the eagle - what a hoot!

dukeENG2003
11-19-2007, 10:51 PM
The overwhelming majority of this stuff we do is "classless." Whatever.

And w/r/t Rasheed, since when did culturally biased test score = native intelligence?

ok. Granted.

Leading the NBA in technical fouls (he's done this at least once I know, I believe twice)=dumb.

I think the burden of proof w/r/t 'sheeds intelligence lies with those saying that he IS smart.

dukemomLA
11-20-2007, 04:14 AM
When opposing players are introduced, I always thought it cool that the Crazies would chant (loudly and in unison) HI JOHN (or whomever). Totally awesome.

Then, when the Crazies added "HI JOHN...YOU SUCK," they blew it (IMO). Let's get back to GREAT creativity without the crashness of other schools.

You current students are the cream of the crop. Smarter than most others on the planet, so....PROVE IT!! Create wonderful spontanious moments that thrill and excite those of us who watch the games on TIVO. Give us something to let us know that the current student population is deserving of the title of CAMERON CRAZIE.

Go for it. For both the Men's Team and the AWESOME women's team (on campus folk--- give THEM some love and support)

aimo
11-20-2007, 01:58 PM
This was not technically a chant, but in the 70s (sorry don't remember when), St Josephs came to Cameron (before they were good). Their mascot is an eagle and he flaps his wings the entire game in these long swoops. By the 2nd half, his face was beet red from the Cameron heat, his exertion, and his costume. We started to flap our arms like him and it spread through the whole stadium. It took a few seconds before he realized what was going on, but his expression was, as they say, priceless - and his face got even redder. When he looked up and around, the whole place erupted into cheers and applause. Any time I catch St Joes on TV, I look for the eagle - what a hoot!

He also molted all over the floor.

DukieInKansas
11-20-2007, 02:17 PM
"Abandon Ship!" in the Meadowlands in 1986 when the win over Navy and David Robinson was secured in the regional final.

"Green Shorts!" Not an easy one to explain, but I'm sure some of you where there for the original (as I was). It lived on for several years in various forms.

I also enjoyed the green shorts cheer. The crowd and the Duke team understood it, after an explanation for the new students/players, but it must have really confused the opposing team.

I often wondered if the Duke players were ever given an explanation of the cheer, since they didn't actually see the kids play at half time.

Devilsfan
11-20-2007, 02:37 PM
The crazies know when they cross the line and rarely do. They are too smart to intentionally hurt anyone. It's all in good fun. Besides I don't think any fan knows more about a sport than the 1400+ SATers in Cameron surrounding the court.

Richard Berg
11-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Surprised nobody listed the best Nigel Dixon chant of all.

(point at Casey) Casey Sanders!
(point at Nigel) Colonel Sanders!

----

The "fist" game was in February '01. We lost that game to the Holes, but made up for it.

ojaidave
11-20-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm surprised "Our House" hasn't come up. Initially, it was a really powerful cheer. I noticed one time at CIS, they were selling a shirt that read "Our House, Our Rules." I really disliked that.

Our House? yes.

Our Rules? nope. We'll beat you with THE rules, we generally don't need the help.

Dave

Bluedog
11-20-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm surprised "Our House" hasn't come up. Initially, it was a really powerful cheer. I noticed one time at CIS, they were selling a shirt that read "Our House, Our Rules." I really disliked that.

Our House? yes.

Our Rules? nope. We'll beat you with THE rules, we generally don't need the help.

Dave

"Our House" definitely gets everybody pumped up at a key time and unites the stadium, but I think it has been overused the last couple of years. IMO, it should be used only during a super close game in the closing minutes - then it's a lot more powerful. I've had chills down my spine a couple of those times....It should definitely not be used almost every ACC game as was the case last year....but maybe that's because there were a bunch of close ones.

dukeENG2003
11-20-2007, 04:23 PM
agreed

I believe I heard "our house" at the end of the Central game, and it just about made me scream.

PallasAthena
11-20-2007, 07:51 PM
...St Josephs came to Cameron (before they were good). Their mascot is an eagle and he flaps his wings the entire game in these long swoops. ... what a hoot!

St. Joseph's University of Philadelphia are the Hawks! And, yes, the mascot flaps from the beginning of the game to the end. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Of course, if it was a "hoot" it would be like my avatar, the wise old owl :D .

I also loved the previously mentioned "we beg to differ," which I think came after a lambasting by K about the trashiness of recent cheers. The Crazies tried to raise the level of discourse.

ojaidave
11-20-2007, 08:15 PM
St. Joseph's University of Philadelphia are the Hawks! And, yes, the mascot flaps from the beginning of the game to the end. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Of course, if it was a "hoot" it would be like my avatar, the wise old owl :D .

I also loved the previously mentioned "we beg to differ," which I think came after a lambasting by K about the trashiness of recent cheers. The Crazies tried to raise the level of discourse.

I believe the "beg to differ" chant came about in response to Uncle Terry's Avuncular Letter (http://library.duke.edu/uarchives/images/cameron/avuncular.jpg)