PDA

View Full Version : EarlJam is The Devil

wilson
09-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Now that he's been called out for padding his post count with the "cookie jar" thread, he seems to have pulled back a bit. He thus remains stuck on 666 posts. Now, of course, being "The Devil" presumably has somewhat of a unique connotation around here (on a side note, you'd think the mods would do something creative when someone hits 666 posts), but nevertheless, that's where we stand.

hc5duke
09-07-2007, 08:28 PM
I thought foot(s)ball was the devil...

Lavabe
09-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Now that he's been called out for padding his post count with the "cookie jar" thread, he seems to have pulled back a bit. He thus remains stuck on 666 posts. Now, of course, being "The Devil" presumably has somewhat of a unique connotation around here (on a side note, you'd think the mods would do something creative when someone hits 666 posts), but nevertheless, that's where we stand.

I don't know ... I kind of liked EJ's Michael Vick shtick.

Undoubtedly, EJ is trying to catch Jason. Little does EJ realize the awesome power of the post-amatic. :eek: On the other hand, EJ's rendez-vous with colchar might yield a post onslaught the likes of which might make the cookie jar thread seem like child's play.

It's probably all part of EJ's "plan."

Clearly we are now at a point where we need to develop new user stats for the DBR. The "posts" stat is on a par with basketball points. The DBR needs its own hustle stats!

Cheers,
Lavabe

-jk
09-07-2007, 09:37 PM
I don't know ... I kind of liked EJ's Michael Vick shtick.

Undoubtedly, EJ is trying to catch Jason. Little does EJ realize the awesome power of the post-amatic. :eek: On the other hand, EJ's rendez-vous with colchar might yield a post onslaught the likes of which might make the cookie jar thread seem like child's play.

It's probably all part of EJ's "plan."

Clearly we are now at a point where we need to develop new user stats for the DBR. The "posts" stat is on a par with basketball points. The DBR needs its own hustle stats!

Cheers,
Lavabe

What you don't realize is Jason "Post-a-matic" Evans is a piece of software DBR wrote for a CompSci class. It's programmed to always stay in front.

EarlJam doesn't stand a chance... :)

-jk

JasonEvans
09-08-2007, 07:53 AM
What you don't realize is Jason "Post-a-matic" Evans is a piece of software DBR wrote for a CompSci class. It's programmed to always stay in front.

EarlJam doesn't stand a chance... :)

-jk

Yup, I am just a sentient program. You can call me HAL... or SkyNet... or Rick Deckart... or The Source... or Sonny.

--Jason "it is possible to pass my posting totals, but that might make me angry... you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" Evans

Bostondevil
09-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Lavabe has achieved Shane Battier status with post number 254.

TillyGalore
09-08-2007, 10:45 AM
we're all Devils.

Blue Devils that is. :D

Lavabe
09-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Lavabe has achieved Shane Battier status with post number 254.

What was scary was that in one moment, I turned from my wife's favorite (Jimmy) and became my own favorite (Shane). When do I become Patrick Davidson? :cool:

Cheers,
Lavabe

TNTDevil
09-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Yup, I am just a sentient program. You can call me HAL... or SkyNet... or Rick Deckart... or The Source... or Sonny.

--Jason "it is possible to pass my posting totals, but that might make me angry... you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" EvansTo get "Coach K" status?

Jason "Postinator" Evans has to be the odds-on favorite to get there. I know I'm pullin' for him.

TillyGalore
09-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Just realized that EarlJam's initials in reverse are JE, as in JasonEvans. Could EarlJam be JasonEvans' alter ego?

EarlJam
09-09-2007, 10:54 PM
I AM NOT SATAN!!!!!!

But I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

-EarlJam

P.S. If you play the Carpenter's song, "On Top of the World" backwards, you will, at the chorus, hear the secret message: "EarlJam is the Anti-Christ."

It's not true though. I promise. Really.

mapei
09-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Who is "Jimmy" among Duke greats? I'm drawing a total blank other than Buffett, Carter, and Durante . . .

Lavabe
09-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Who is "Jimmy" among Duke greats? I'm drawing a total blank other than Buffett, Carter, and Durante . . .

Sorry, my wife calls him Jimmy ... Spanarkel, that is.

Cheers,
Lavabe

mapei
09-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Of course, now that you mention. He was before I started paying attention, so I never would have gotten it.