PDA

View Full Version : NC Pro-Am

sdotbarbee
06-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Just saw a tweet that the press conference is set for June 16th at 2:00pm and play begins June 30th. I went last year and had a wonderful time watching the Duke guys play. I hope our incoming freshmen will be participating so we can get an early glimpse at them.

watzone
06-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Most of the BDN posters know I work closely with the promoters of this event and it has been a really good one. The event is well worth your time and you have to try the cake upstairs (if you go, you will see what I mean);) Here are a few notes of possible interest.

- per NCAA rules, no underclassmen can play this season. In short, no high school ballers. This will cut down on the depth of teams and may cause them to scale back a bit. It means, no Rodney Purvis and such. The event is on the campus of NCCU and that's the culprit in that the NCAA wants no more events on college campuses.

- most of the Duke freshman are due in on July 1st, that knocks them out of early games.

- the Duke players will not be there for the whole event in that they will begin practice for the China-Dubai trip. This means, see the Devils early. They will however participate which I have confirmed for some thought they might not this season.

- some of the Duke players will participate in national camps, see article in thread of Duke players off season improvement. This means that there are nights which are hit or miss. As for the playing times, teams will play three times a week on average. I haven't confirmed the actual days and times yet.

And as always, we'll be there to bring Duke fans all the action.

sdotbarbee
06-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Most of the BDN posters know I work closely with the promoters of this event and it has been a really good one. The event is well worth your time and you have to try the cake upstairs (if you go, you will see what I mean);) Here are a few notes of possible interest.

- per NCAA rules, no underclassmen can play this season. In short, no high school ballers. This will cut down on the depth of teams and may cause them to scale back a bit. It means, no Rodney Purvis and such. The event is on the campus of NCCU and that's the culprit in that the NCAA wants no more events on college campuses.

- most of the Duke freshman are due in on July 1st, that knocks them out of early games.

- the Duke players will not be there for the whole event in that they will begin practice for the China-Dubai trip. This means, see the Devils early. They will however participate which I have confirmed for some thought they might not this season.

- some of the Duke players will participate in national camps, see article in thread of Duke players off season improvement. This means that there are nights which are hit or miss. As for the playing times, teams will play three times a week on average. I haven't confirmed the actual days and times yet.

And as always, we'll be there to bring Duke fans all the action.

Thanks for the info, I had a great time last year and will be making the trip again. Also do you know if all or any of the incoming freshmen will play? Thanks again.

watzone
06-13-2011, 10:57 AM
I don't know with 100% certainty, but all of the freshman should play.