PDA

View Full Version : WBB ACC Tournament

zingit
03-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Duke is playing Maryland right now, and the score is 37-32 at halftime. I missed the first half, as I am just now getting home from work. The ACC website says that it's on RSN-TV, meaning the following channels:

"RSN-TV - FOX Sports Net South or SportSouth, ComCast Sports Net, FSN-Florida, NESN (New England Sports Network), FSN-Fox Sports Net & Affiliates"

But now I just turned on FSN and it's showing the SEC tournament. I can't find the ACC tournament anywhere. Does anyone have any advice? This is driving me nuts since I live in Greensboro, only a few blocks from Greensboro Coliseum, and I'm not able to watch today's game!

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Duke is playing Maryland right now, and the score is 37-32 at halftime. I missed the first half, as I am just now getting home from work. The ACC website says that it's on RSN-TV, meaning the following channels:

"RSN-TV - FOX Sports Net South or SportSouth, ComCast Sports Net, FSN-Florida, NESN (New England Sports Network), FSN-Fox Sports Net & Affiliates"

But now I just turned on FSN and it's showing the SEC tournament. I can't find the ACC tournament anywhere. Does anyone have any advice? This is driving me nuts since I live in Greensboro, only a few blocks from Greensboro Coliseum, and I'm not able to watch today's game!

I'm following online. Broadcast may be blocked out in local areas nearby.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-05-2010, 05:03 PM
With 1:55 to go in the game Duke 64 Maryland 63 Duke just took a time out

PumpkinFunk
03-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Wow. Brenda just got a technical... and Jasmine missed both of the free throws. That is pretty sad to watch. If we lose by 1 or 2, it'll be shameful that the technical FTs being missed are the reason for it.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Good news! Duke beat Maryland 66 to 64.

dukelifer
03-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Wow. Brenda just got a technical... and Jasmine missed both of the free throws. That is pretty sad to watch. If we lose by 1 or 2, it'll be shameful that the technical FTs being missed are the reason for it.

Duke dodged a bullet. Duke left a ton of points on the line and the Terps hit most of their throws. Survive and advance. Tourney basketball has some element of luck.

miramar
03-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Duke played good defense and shot 47%, but had 20 turnovers and shot only 63% on FTs.

The offense the final minute was strange. First Jasmine missed the two technicals with 1:01 left and on the ensuing possession forced a shot, which was followed by an unnecessary foul that allowed Maryland to score with no time taken off the clock. On Duke's final possession they took too much time and Cheek had to force another shot, and then Maryland got the rebound with a chance to tie or win.

We're fortunate that Maryland shot a desperation three with almost three seconds left. I don't know if they were out of TOs, but they at least had the time for a much better shot.

Duvall
03-05-2010, 05:30 PM
The offense the final minute was strange. First Jasmine missed the two technicals with 1:01 left and on the ensuing possession forced a shot, which was followed by an unnecessary foul that allowed Maryland to score with no time taken off the clock. On Duke's final possession they took too much time and Cheek had to force another shot, and then Maryland got the rebound with a chance to tie or win.

We're fortunate that Maryland shot a desperation three with almost three seconds left. I don't know if they were out of TOs, but they at least had the time for a much better shot.

The 2002 and 2005 National Coaches of the Year at work.

zingit
03-05-2010, 05:31 PM
I finally did find it on TV. It was on Sports South, a channel that I didn't even know I had, or at least I didn't realize it was different from Fox Sports South.

I agree with the comments above that that last Duke possession was strange and we are lucky to have won that game. On to Georgia Tech!

jimsumner
03-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Maryland did have a timeout left. Freese said that she thought Maryland might get something in transition and she didn't want to give Duke a chance to set up its defense. Nared had more time than she thought.

I was at courtside. This game was fierce. There is no love lost between these two teams. Kizer was mauling Duke inside early. But KT played tough D on her late a and that may have saved the game.

Give the Terps credit. They were likely playing for their NCAA Tournament life. They made 17-19 from the line and 7-16 on 3s. Bjork is the dangest shooter I've seen in awhile.

It wasn't always aethestically pleasing but it was the third win in the season over a rival. Unlike last week v. the Heels, Duke absorbed that intitial blow and responded with equal ferocity.

burnspbesq
03-05-2010, 09:42 PM
BC took out Florida State. They play the winner of UVa-State in tomorrow's second semifinal.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for the DVR. Men's lax at oh-dark-hundred (8:00 a.m. Pacific time), then women's basketball, and finally men's basketball.

I really need to figure out how to get content off my DVR and onto my iPod Touch, since I have a 15-hour flight on Tuesday.

-bdbd
03-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I just have a feeling..... The Fri result should motivate a good Duke showing on Saturday. And FSU losing is big if we make the finals. Let's go Duke!!

:D

-jk
03-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for the DVR. Men's lax at oh-dark-hundred (8:00 a.m. Pacific time), then women's basketball, and finally men's basketball.

[Bob Green]Begging your pardon, you don't know "oh-dark-hundred"[/Bob Green] ;)

-jk

msdukie
03-05-2010, 10:39 PM
And UVa just lost too. IF Duke can find a way to win tomorrow, Duke will be playing the winner of the 6/7 game who had to play 4 days in a row....

miramar
03-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Maryland did have a timeout left. Freese said that she thought Maryland might get something in transition and she didn't want to give Duke a chance to set up its defense. Nared had more time than she thought.

I'm no Freese fan in general, but I think that's a good strategy. The player obviously has to dribble practically the entire length of the court while keeping track of the time, but that's why they practice end-of-game situations. And that is certainly better than allowing a good defensive team like Duke to set up their defense.

Nared had plenty of room and enough time for a good shot, even a game-winning three, and I'm just glad we didn't have a Danny Ainge-Tyus Edney finish.

DukeGirl4ever
03-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Can anyone tell me if today's game is available online anywhere (without having to join any sites) keeping in mind that I'm from PA?

I looked at Fox Sports Net but their site is not the easiest to navigate if you don't use it everyday.

Thanks.

jjasper0729
03-06-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm watching it on Fox Sports Carolinas (Fox Sports South?).

not sure if you'll have it in PA

ChrisP
03-06-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry, but the women's team is so hard for me to watch - mainly because of the DUMB decisions and mental errors. I can live with the other stuff, but it really is tough to watch sometimes.

And, BTW, how is it that the women can shoot so poorly from the FT line - don't they play with a smaller ball? Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems like it ought to be pretty easy to shoot at least 60-65% if you're a women's b-ball player. Heck, even if your form stinks, just chuck it up there, ya know. I realize the ball's not THAT much smaller but...still.

jjasper0729
03-06-2010, 02:46 PM
i watch because it's duke. i wouldn't watch it any other time. unless its uconn right now. they do play with a smaller ball, but i get so frustrated watching when they miss layup sooooooo badly. like when they AIRBALL a layup

JaMarcus Russell
03-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Looks like the women's team is pulling a pretty comfortable lead against Georgia Tech. Should be an interesting match-up in the finals against either BC or NC State, either of which probably needs to win the game tomorrow to get into the tournament.

On the other hand, Duke is probably all but guaranteed a 2 seed.